April 11, 2013

Dreams, Wishes, and Time: The Night Circus

A truly magical story, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern has earned a place on my favorites shelf for books. There is so much symbolism, the vividness and attention to detail absolutely stunning. Another aspect of this novel which is unique is its nonlinear organization. In other words, the events are not told in chronological order. Normally this might be confusing or misleading, but Erin Morgenstern wields this technique with literary expertise that shines through this story. Dynamic characters, an enchanting setting, and a little sprinkle of magic bring this story to life.

As a reveur, I prefer to read this book in the hours after midnight. I also drew this with my inspiration being Celia's wishing tree. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate what you have to say. Thanks for your comments. :)